Tuesday, January 17, 2012

(Wet) Electric Dreams

Seeing as I'm slowly getting motivated to produce again, I figured it was about time I posted my "ultimate electronic musician's wish-list".
The following (in no particular order), are instruments & peripherals that are guaranteed to make you shit yourself with joy.

1. Misa Digital's Kitara



Basically, it doesn't get any more awesome than this one.
Look at that shit - it's more badass than Chuck Norris fist-fucking a shark with a forged steel gauntlet.

2. Haken Continuum


Finally - a keyless keyboard.
The basic design of this one is what sucked me in - look at how smooth that looks...it's like a theremin that just said "fuck it".

3. Eigenlabs' Eigenharp


Up until a little while ago, only people with a Mac could use this badboy.
They have since wised up and realized that PC users aren't about to shell out another 3 grand for an extra computer just to be able to use this god-like instrument - and finally made it available to them, as well.
If you're torn between hiring a live orchestra and just doing all the shit yourself, this one is the better investment in my opinion - and will give you less grief & bitching when you tell it what to do.

4. Yamaha Tenori-On


Now we start to get a little more affordable.
Big sound in a small package with built-in light-show.
To save even more cash (to fuel your rock-star-like drug/whore-habit or something), there's the DIY-version known as monome which can be built to do the same thing  - there's also now an app for your i-phone/i-pad which emulates the Tenori-On, but it's hard to look hardcore playing with your phone.

5.  Korg's Nano Series

The most affordable solution on this list for you starving artists that want all the features for a minuscule fraction of the cost.
Comes in 3 flavors - NanoKey, NanoPad, & NanoKontrol - for all your musical & mastering needs.
Also, with an uber-low price-tag, you can have a full-on professional-sounding setup for under $200-$300...not too fucking shabby.

So, there you have it - 5 selections that I'm sure most of you will be having wet dreams about.
Personally, I'd most likely marry everything on this list if I could...and I'm sure my wife would have something to say about that.

As always, you can check out what's new over at my Soundcloud - been rather busy with posting sets as of late, and with bookings coming in, the shit is finally starting to pay off (and a big thanks to those of you that have continued to support me in all of my endeavors - much love!)
Peace and chicken grease until net time, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment